Video: Chris & Mollie - "Transition Trade"

Earlier this year Chris & Mollie self-released their remarkable second album, The Palm Tree. It’s blend of wildly inventive indie-folk, gentle and beautiful balladry, and a (pretty obscene - you've been warned) story arc involving a relationship in decay has kept me coming back since I first heard it earlier this summer. It really is one of the records that came out of nowhere for me that will most likely end up somewhere on whatever my year end list looks like.

Recently Chris (Donlon, from the band) emailed me alerting me to a new video that he’s made for one of the album’s best songs, “Transition Trade”. Combining real video of the band performing with personally hand drawn animation the video is every bit as creative and satisfying as the music. Check out the video at the link below, then check out the song, then an interview we (me) here at PHW did with Chris & Mollie a few months ago.

Video :: Transition Trade

MP3 :: Transition Trade
(from The Palm Tree. Buy here)
----------------------------------------------

Also - the band is running a sale until the end of the month where you can buy both their albums, The Palm Tree and (take to the skies), for the low low price of $14. Hurry, time is running out!
----------------------------------------------

No comments: